Adult Tennis Programs
For questions about any of our tennis programs, call our Pro Shop 407-254-9170.
Interested in starting to play tennis at the Beginner Level?
We offer individual Private Lessons with our staff of Tennis Professionals who can teach you the essential basic skills to get you started playing the game of tennis. Private Tennis Lessons introduce new players to the fundamentals of tennis that lead to an opportunity to start playing this sport. Tennis is the sport of a lifetime! Why not start playing NOW? Click Register Now button and choose Private Lessons or email Marcelo Gouts, our Director of Tennis at email@example.com with any questions you have.
Adult Round Robins
Join us for an evening of fun and competitive social doubles tennis! New players are always welcome! We have a great group of regulars, along with a nice mix of local players and tourists. We usually have between 24-32 players. Players are initially sorted based on ability levels, and then, win or lose their way up or down the ladder of courts. You will play four 8-game matches, with 4 different partners, against 4 different teams.
If you are new to the area, this is a great way to meet other players. Most of our players are between 3.0 and 4.0, with the top courts occasionally being occupied by players as high as 5.0 and even a wandering 5.5.
- Open to men and women
- 3.0 NTRP and above
- Please be comfortable in a match-play environment, and familiar with doubles play and scoring.
- Your racquet, tennis gear and a positive attitude! (ultra-competitive and grumpy players need not apply)
- We provide the balls, court, and your partners.Cost $10 per player per evening of play.
- Cost $10 per player per evening of play.
- Play starts at 7PM and court assignments will be announced.
- Four players will be assigned to each court roughly based on ability.
- Each match is total of 8 games with a 7-point tie-breaker at 4-4 if necessary.
- All games are no-ad scoring. Receiving team decides who takes the deuce point.
- Switch sides one time only - after the 4th game.
- First team to 5 games wins but always play out all 8 games!
- Winning team moves up one court, losing team moves down one court.
- Split sides with your old partner, and spin racquets to find your new partner.
- If you end up back on the same court as an old partner, pair up with someone new each time.
- For the sake of the other players, please do not sign up if you cannot commit to staying for all four matches.
- We welcome players looking for a fun night of tennis doubles!
Each Monday and/or Wednesday evening from 7 to 8:30 pm we offer a fun small group session of various drills with a Pro that are designed to improve your tennis skills. Intermediate-Advanced Skill Level recommended.
Cost: $25 per person per clinic. Please register at the latest by 5 pm the day of the clinic.
Women's Tennis League
Central Florida is privileged to have well organized and active Women’s League Play that provides a competitive yet social program that gathers thousands of players. Lake Cane is highly involved in the promotion and support of Women’s League Tennis. Currently Lake Cane is the home site for over 35 teams that compete in the various leagues and levels all over town. For more information about the different Women’s Leagues available in Central Florida visit Tennis Scores.com: http://www.tenniscores.com/search.html Day and evening league play is available to players looking to join a team. To inquire about joining an existing team at Lake Cane, contact Marcelo Gouts, Director of Tennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s Tennis League
Join a team and participate every Tuesday night in the Central Florida Men's League. This league has been an Orlando Institution for the past 20 years, gathering hundreds of players that team up to play different clubs in Central Florida. For more information about joining a team at Lake Cane, contact Marcelo Gouts, Director of Tennis at email@example.com for more information.
Sign up this summer 2021 for our Friday Morning Ladies' Clinic every week from 8 to 9:30 AM offered throughout the summer at the Lake Cane Tennis Center in Shadow Bay Park for all Ladies' Intermediate to Advanced Doubles Players. Activities with our experienced Tennis Pros include Tactics, Doubles Formations, Doubles Strategy, Point Situations and lots of fun! Sign up for one or sign up for every week!!! Contact Marcelo Gouts firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Cost: $25 per player per Clinic
Dates to be determined.