Adult Tennis Programs
For information about our Adult Programs call our Pro Shop 407-254-9170 press 1.
Interested in starting to play tennis at the Beginner Level?
We offer individual Private Lessons with our staff of Tennis Professionals who can teach you the essential basic skills to get you started playing the game of tennis. Private Tennis Lessons introduce new players to the fundamentals of tennis that lead to an opportunity to start playing this sport. Tennis is the sport of a lifetime! Why not start playing NOW? Call our Pro Shop or email email@example.com to schedule a lesson.
Adult Round Robins
Adult Social Doubles Round Robin on Wednesday and Friday evenings 7 to 9:30 pm
Join us for an evening of fun and competitive social doubles tennis! New players are always welcome! We have a great group of regulars, along with a nice mix of local players and tourists. We usually have between 32-40 players. Players are initially sorted based on ability levels, and then, win or lose their way up or down the ladder of courts. You will play four 8-game matches, with 4 different partners, against 4 different teams.
If you are new to the area, this is a great way to meet other players. Most of our players are between 3.0 and 4.0, with the top courts occasionally being occupied by players as high as 5.0 and even a wandering 5.5.
- Open to men and women
- 3.0 NTRP and above
- Please be comfortable in a match-play environment, and familiar with doubles play and scoring.
- Your racquet, tennis gear, and a positive attitude! (ultra-competitive and grumpy players need not apply)
- We provide the balls, courts, and your partners.
- Cost $10 per player per evening of play.
- Please call the Pro Shop before 5 pm on the day you would like to participate to reserve your spot. Phone: 407-254-9170 press 1
- Walk-ins are welcome up until 7PM but not guaranteed a spot unless they are needed to fill a court.
- Warm-up starts at 7PM and court assignments will be announced between 7:20 and 7:30pm.
- Four players will be assigned to each court roughly based on ability.
- Each match is total of 8 games with a 7-point tie-breaker at 4-4 if necessary.
- All games are no-ad scoring. Receiving team decides who takes the deuce point.
- Switch sides one time only - after the 4th game.
- First team to 5 games wins but always play out all 8 games!
- Winning team moves up one court, losing team moves down one court.
- Split sides with your old partner, and spin racquets to find your new partner.
- If you end up back on the same court as an old partner, pair up with someone new each time.
- For the sake of the other players, please do not sign up if you cannot commit to staying for all four matches.
- Advanded sign-up only guarantees your spot until 7:10pm. Players not checked in by 7:10 may be bumped for walk-ins that are here and ready to play.
Each Monday evening from 7 to 8:30 pm we offer a fun small group session of various drills with a Pro that are designed to improve your tennis skills. Intermediate-Advanced Skill Level recommended.
Cost: $25 per person per clinic. Please reserve your spot at the latest by 5 pm on Mondays.
To reserve your spot, call our pro shop at the Lake Cane Tennis Center in Shadow Bay Park 407-254-9170 press 1.
Women's Tennis League
Central Florida is privileged to have well organized and active Women’s League Play that provides a competitive yet social program that gathers thousands of players. Lake Cane is highly involved in the promotion and support of Women’s League Tennis. Currently Lake Cane is the home site for over 35 teams that compete in the various leagues and levels all over town. For more information about the different Women’s Leagues available in Central Florida visit Tennis Scores.com: http://www.tenniscores.com/search.html Day and evening league play is available to players looking to join a team. To inquire about joining an existing team at Lake Cane, contact Marcelo Gouts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s Tennis League
Join a team and participate every Tuesday night in the Central Florida Men's League. This league has been an Orlando Institution for the past 20 years, gathering hundreds of players that team up to play different clubs in Central Florida. For more information about joining a team at Lake Cane, contact Marcelo Gouts at email@example.com or go to http://home.earthlink.net/~cfmtl/ for more information.
Sign up now for our Round Robins every Wednesday from 9 to 11:30 AM offered throughout the summer at the Lake Cane Tennis Center in Shadow Bay Park for all WAIT, GOLD, WIN and USTA League Players. Activities include Tactics, Doubles Formations, Doubles Strategy, Point Situations, Round Robin game play and lots of fun!
Round Robins: June 5-July 31, 2019 Cost: $10 per Round Robin.
Choose the dates you will attend and pay onsite. No clinic offered on July 4th. Sign up for one or sign up for all!!!
To sign up for this activity, please contact our Head Pro, Alvaro Layrisse firstname.lastname@example.org or our League Coordinator, Traci Balao email@example.com.